Looking to Switch to Bank of Botetourt
Switching to Bank of Botetourt is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Ready to set up an account with Bank of Botetourt? Follow these steps and/or visit one of our offices today!
First: Do you currently have direct deposit?
To transfer them to your Bank of Botetourt account you will need:
- Employer or initiator's name and address, Bank of Botetourt ACH routing/Transit number (051402550), Bank of Botetourt account number (We will assist you with this information)
- Please fill out the following form: Direct Deposit Change Form
- Then supply the above form to the company that makes the direct deposit into your bank account.
- Utilize the Direct Deposit Set Up Letter to complete your transition.
Second: Do you currently have automatic payments?
To establish them from your Bank of Botetourt account you will need:
- Your latest statement with your billing information
- Bank of Botetourt ACH routing/transit number (051402550) and your Bank of Botetourt account number (we will assist you with this information)
- Previous bank account information (so you may cancel)
- Please fill out the following form: Automatic Debit Change Form
- After filling out the above form you will then need to supply it to the biller who is debiting your account.
Optional: When you set up Bank of Botetourt Online Banking you can use our FREE Online Bill pay and pay your bills in minutes. Learn more about online banking. You can pay your bills online and make either recurring or one-time payments. You also have the ability to track your payments and update your payment instructions at any time.
Is your check issued by the U.S. Treasury? If so please continue your setup at www.godirect.org.
You will need the following information:
- Benefit recipient's Social Security Number
- Claim number or the 12-digit check number if your last federal benefit check
- Spelling of names and address information as they appear on the federal benefit check
- Payment amount of the benefit recipient's last federal benefit chec
- Bank of Botetourt routing number (051402550)
- Your Bank of Botetourt account number (we will assist you with this information)
Third: Close your old bank account.
Stop using your former bank account, but be sure to keep enough funds in it to cover any outstanding checks, automatic withdrawals, and automatic payments. Once your last check, automatic withdrawal, and/ or automatic payments have cleared, you are ready to close your former accounts. Please see former bank policy for closing accounts.