VISA® Card Options
You can make electronic payments using Bank of Botetourt's VISA® debit and credit cards to make your everyday life safer, faster and easier.
For more information about our VISA® card options, just give us a call at 540-591-5000 or stop by one of our convenient locations. Our smiling employees will be glad to assist you over the phone or in person.
Report a lost or stolen VISA® Card by calling (844) 361-BANK (2265).
VISA® Debit Card
Tired of carrying cash or writing checks all the time? Try a VISA® Debit card*. You can use your VISA® Debit card as an ATM card and as a debit card to simplify the way you pay for things.
- A Bank of Botetourt VISA® Debit Card is accepted at more than 18 million locations worldwide. It's safer than carrying cash, and more convenient than writing a check! And, with VISA's® Zero Liability Policy, you are 100% protected against unauthorized card use when you sign for your purchases**.
- Learn more about VISA® Zero Liability Policy
- Download a VISA® Debit Card Application
The VISA® Debit Card works like your ATM card.
Use your Bank of Botetourt VISA® Debit Card at any ATM, locally or across the country, to withdraw money from your personal checking account, transfer funds between accounts and verify account balances.
- You can use your VISA® Debit Card at any Bank of Botetourt or Sheetz ATM for free. To find a Sheetz location near you, please visit www.sheetz.com.
- Inquiry, withdrawal, transfer fees and foreign ATM fees may be assessed when you use an ATM that is not owned by Bank of Botetourt or Sheetz.
- When you use an ATM not owned by Bank of Botetourt or Sheetz, you may be assessed an additional surcharge by the owner of that ATM.
- Click here to find the Bank of Botetourt ATM nearest you!
Shopping with your VISA® Debit Card couldn't be easier or more rewarding.
Bank of Botetourt's VISA® Debit Card gives you the freedom to shop around the corner or around the world - everywhere VISA® is accepted. It is the most convenient way to pay for everyday purchases like groceries, gas, clothes, video rentals, and your morning bagel and coffee. Plus, Bank of Botetourt can make shopping even more rewarding with our UChoose Rewards program! Whenever you select "credit" and sign for your purchases, you'll automatically receive 1 point for every $2 in purchases you make. You can redeem your points for great gifts.
Download the UChoose Brochure
* Subject to credit approval. Restrictions apply. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please refer to your card holder agreement.
** When you select "credit" and sign for your purchases, you're protected from unauthorized transactions under VISA® Zero Liability Policy.
Manage Your Bank of Botetourt VISA® Credit Card
You can keep track of your credit card accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a simple click of your mouse. https://onlineaccessplus.com/oa/bankofbotetourt/
You can obtain current account information and much more!
- Real-time credit card information
- View your transactions
- View pending activity
- View payment information
- Receive custom e-mail alerts
Or call 844-352-5695 for balance inquiries, payment information, transaction history, statement request or to dispute a charge.
Welcome to Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay for your Bank of Botetourt Visa® Card. Pay easier with your Digital Wallet.
You already appreciate the convenience of your Bank of Botetourt Visa® Cards. When you add any of these cards to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, you can experience a whole new way to pay from your compatible mobile device, making your cards more convenient and versatile than ever.
How it works.
- It's easy to set up. Add cards to Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay in just a few quick steps.
- It's simple to use. Once you've added any of your eligible Bank of Botetourt Visa cards® to Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay just hold your compatible device near a contactless reader at a participating retailer.
- It's smart. It's designed so your card number and identity aren't shared with the merchant – and your actual card numbers aren't stored on your device.
- It's versatile. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay lets you make purchases at hundreds of thousands of participating retailers – and participating apps!
To learn more about Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay select the link below:
If you’re trying to establish or stick to a budget, CardValet® can help. Set spending limits for general use or specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries or retail stores. You can also establish these controls by location. The flexible app lets you change these parameters anytime with ease via your mobile device. Going on vacation? Holiday shopping? Simply update your transaction controls to fit your spending needs.
A lost or stolen card is just one area of concern in today’s world where Identity theft, skimming and other attacks are an unfortunate reality. Turning your debit card off when you’re not using it helps safeguard against fraud. When your card is “off,” ATM withdrawals or purchases made in person will not be approved.* Transaction controls that allow your debit card to work only in specific locations or geographic areas, add another layer of protection. And real-time alerts keep you informed when your card is used or declined.
Review Balances and Transactions
Monitor your finances from anywhere. Use the CardValet® app to check your account balances.
Card Valet lets you:
- Turn your debit card on and off.
- Establish transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories and geographic locations.
- Receive alerts when your debit card is used, approved or exceeds the transaction controls set by you.
- Stay informed of potential fraud with alerts on attempted, declined transactions.
- Get real-time balances for your accounts.
- Download the app
- CardValet® is available in the Apple® App Store or Google® Play. Simply search for CardValet and install the app on your mobile device. Once it has been installed, you may then register your card(s).
For CardValet® Frequently Ask Questions select a link below:
*Online transactions are not impacted and could still be approved if funds are available in your account.
VISA® Credit Cards
A Bank of Botetourt VISA® Credit Card*** is all you need to have instant credit at your fingertips. You will benefit from its convenience and security whenever you use your card to travel, shop, or dine. Bank of Botetourt offers the following VISA® credit card options:
- VISA® Classic
- VISA® Platinum
Download VISA® Classic Credit Application
***Must be Bank of Botetourt customer to apply for VISA® Credit cards. We reserve the right to refuse applications from non-customers outside of our market area.
VISA® Credit Card Disclosures
VISA® Debit Card Facts
- A VISA® debit card is NOT a credit card. There's no credit involved and no interest charged.
- With a VISA® debit card, the purchase amount is automatically deducted from your checking account.
- Since your purchase is automatically deducted from your checking account, make sure you have the money available to cover the full transaction amount at the time of purchase.
- Your transactions appear on your checking statement, so you can easily track your spending.
- When you select "credit" and sign for your purchases, the amount of the purchase is still automatically being deducted from your checking account.
- Selecting "credit" and signing for your purchases ensures that you're protected from unauthorized use of your VISA® debit card under VISA® Zero Liability Policy.
Report a lost or stolen VISA® Card by calling 540-591-5000 during regular business hours or (844) 361-BANK (2265) after regular business hours.
VISA® Debit Card 100% Zero Liability policy
If your lost or stolen VISA® Debit Card is used as a VISA® card (those transactions where the PIN is not used), and you report the loss or theft of your card within 2 business days of when you discover the loss or theft of the card, you will not be liable for the unauthorized transactions.
Report a lost or stolen VISA® Card by calling (844) 361-BANK (2265).
If you notify Bank of Botetourt within 2 business days after you learn that your card was lost or stolen, your liability is the lesser of $50 or the amount of money, property, labor, or services obtained by the unauthorized use prior to notifying us. If you do not tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and code, and it proves that we could have stopped someone from using your card and code, the liability is $500.
VISA® Zero Liability Policy does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by VISA®, or certain commercial card transactions. Individual provisional credit amounts are provided on a provisional basis and may be withheld, delayed, limited, or rescinded by your issuer based on factors such as gross negligence or fraud, delay in reporting unauthorized use, investigation and verification of claim and account standing and history. You must notify Bank of Botetourt immediately of any unauthorized use. Transaction at issue must be posted to your account before provisional credit may be issued. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please refer to your card holder agreement.